Monday, June 29, 2009

the pitfalls of mean drone boats

Today I had a novel thought, I'll up my solo kills. Sounds easy enough right, or so I thought. I did my usual roll out of bed, smoke and a coffee I flipped on the master power switch in Mosquito and she came to life. I was greeted by Aura with the usual "Fire alert on the bridge" warning I silenced the alarm and pulled up the local sub light channel to see who was out there. There was'nt much. So still in my pj's I set my coffee in the cheap plastic cup holder that was so prized, after getting the undock clearances I went out to have a look around. The scanner beeped, nearly spilling my coffee I saw an arbitrator, in a belt of all places!. Juicy I thought as i aligned to the belt and set down my now gone coffee at the same time. When I landed I quickly locked him down and fliped on my scrambler and webifier, and opend the taps on my auto cannons to let him have it. There was no responce for a second or two. What could he be doing? afk? easy kill I thought. Just then through my view port I saw them swing open. Drones! how could I have been so stupid? I mashed my afterburner into life, and targeted my first drone a warrior II. Ok I thought, I'll just burn around him taking his drones out than get back to the buisness at hand of melting his ship. How wrong i was, The drones burned quickly through my shields and a quarter of the way through my armor before I switched on the repairer and my damage control "The capacitor is empty" auras always calm voice rang from the control panel. Dammit I'd forgotten my nos! as the fire sprung up from my prized rifter Mosquito I set the nav computer in my pod to the nearest planet and waited for the violent ejection. The hull folded like it was made of paper and my pod lurched into warp off to the planet, I'm gonna miss that cup holder.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment