Monday, July 6, 2009

sometimes you gotta take the bait

Today when the pythons got going we set up, and I got to participate in my first gate camp. Before we headed out I caught up with lovely lily a fellow python and she helped me get my new shiny Drake in order for the op. as I climbed up the ramp into my drake for the first time my hands shook thinking about bringing this beast into the system. The manual said it was slow for a warship but nothing prepared me for the blistering speed that is 168 m/s. I'm fairly sure my Badger Mark II is faster than that. After getting all the systems synced and ready I requested un-dock permission and was on my way. we waited at the gate for quite a while but the carbears must have not gotten the memo. It was decided a cruiser roam would be more action filled. My nerves calmed as I steped off the Drake, Aura had prewarmed my favorite cruiser for me and before too long I was out in the blackness in Spam n Jam my ewar Blackbird. we did'nt haave to roam far, "rupture on scan" came the voice over the comms. He was quickly scaned down to a belt and cries of bait went up. our CEO decided we had the firepower to down him before his fleet showed up. we did he melted quckly under the fire of the vexor and wolf, unable to target as spam n jam found her mark. Shortly before his hull crumbled in popped a punisher an locked down spectres vexor, it took seven of them to take that vexor out, long enough for the rest of us to get to safety. the order came in, we would have our revenge. the Armageddons and the Drake had stayed in the belt, apparently shocked that they had killed a vexor, this gave us enough time to get the real guns. out came the battleships and we made quick work of the whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment